With an expected $330 billion to the $1 trillion in dry powder currently available, PitchBook’s US Private Equity Outlook predicts that 2021 will be a record year for fundraising. Competition for recurring revenue business models like SaaS will continue to drive-up valuations. PitchBook expects 20% of buyouts will be priced above 20x EBITDA.
Given this backdrop, investment teams managing multiple portfolio companies while trying to close live deals need to identify and focus on top priorities to achieve top-tier ROI/MOIC results (or ROE for public companies). Great management teams are the key operational drivers of investment returns, allowing investors to focus on strategic, value-creating transformation. With hundreds of millions of dollars at stake, how do you ensure you have the most effective team in place to drive returns?
To help answer this, Lancer Group has assembled an exceptionally talented panel: a “troika” comprised of a PE Operating Partner, Talent Partner, and PE-Backed CEO, to explore the interplay between leadership, corporate culture, and investment strategy in driving returns.
Joining us will be:
- Kristin Nimsger – Operating Partner at Thoma Bravo (which just raised $22.8 billion for investments in software and tech-enabled services)
- Annmarie Neal – Chief Talent Officer at Hellman & Friedman (which raised $16 billion for its recent flagship fund)
- Teresa Mackintosh – Chief Executive Officer at Trintech (a leader in financial close software owned by Summit Partners, a PE firm with $23 billion in AUM)
They will provide perspectives from each vantage point on effectively optimizing relationship dynamics and leveraging talent for greater value creation.
We will discuss how the deal team can “de-risk” investments by aligning operational capability with growth objectives. Topics will include:
- Pre-Deal Management Team Assessment
- First 90 Days Talent Planning & Value Creation Strategy
- Ensuring Alignment of Strategy & Execution Among Key Stakeholders
- Maximizing the Effectiveness of the Existing Management Team
- Optimizing Talent Acquisition Strategies & Processes
- Measurement of Key Performance Drivers & Creating Cultural Alignment with Key Hires